This cybersecurity month, Nuvodia is committed to raising awareness of ways that your business can ensure its’ cybersecurity. Cyberattacks reach their peak in the holiday months, so preparing your business for upcoming cyber threats is essential to ensuring a smooth holiday season.
Here are Nuvodia’s 5 Easy-to-Implement Cybersecurity Tips to Protect Your Small-to-Medium Business (SMB):
- Conduct Regular and Comprehensive Staff Training – a well-educated staff is the first line of defense against data breaches. Be sure that all staff are up to date on any/all security training. With the rapidly changing technological environment, it is essential to help your staff be aware of security best practices. Consider implementing training procedures on password protection, email encryption, and printer security.
- Perform Risk Assessments – When keeping your sensitive data safe, knowledge is power. Conduct regular and comprehensive risk assessments to reveal areas where your security infrastructure is vulnerable. After performing a risk assessment, be sure to make an actionable plan to address any education gaps among employees/staff. For information on how to conduct a risk assessment, see here.
- Use Two Factor Authentication (2FA) – 2FA provides an added layer of security for any device that accesses secure company files. 2FA reduces the risk of hackers accessing employee accounts by requiring employees to use both a password and external device log-in confirmation when logging in to an account. 2FA is particularly important for SMBs who often have a bring-your-own-device employee culture. At Nuvodia, we can help implement 2FA for your business while suggesting the best 2FA provider to meet your specific business needs.
- Backup Your Data with the Cloud – Cloud-based solutions protect your data through personalized access controls, file encryption, and threat detection. Backing up your data will ensure that your data is retrievable regardless of natural disasters, hardware malfunctions, or human error.
- Consider Hiring an MSSP – Managed Security Providers are effective solutions for SMBs to manage their data privacy needs. Without incurring in-house security/IT management costs, an MSP offers comprehensive and expert-level security services tailored to your company’s needs.
If you are interested in using an MSSP to ensure your company’s cybersecurity, request a quote from Nuvodia today. We are an established MSSP with years of experience servicing businesses in healthcare, vet medicine, operations, construction, and professional services. Let Nuvodia bring your vision to life through the power of technology. Click here for your free quote.