January 21, 2020
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of information technology (IT) resources over the Internet with “pay-as-you-go” pricing. You can access technology services, such as computing, power, storage, and databases, on an as-needed basis. Storing and accessing your software applications over the Internet or “in the cloud” offers many advantages such as mobility, security, collaboration, efficiency and cost savings.
Am I the Right Company to Use Cloud Computing?
Companies of every size, type, and industry can use cloud IT for a wide variety of use cases, such as data backup, disaster recovery, email, virtual desktops, software development and much more. For example, financial services companies are using the cloud to power real-time fraud detection and prevention. Healthcare organizations are using the cloud to develop more personalized treatments for patients.
What are Cloud IT’s Benefits?
Cloud IT’s benefits include Agility, Flexibility, Redundancy and Cost Savings.
The cloud enables you to be able to deploy technology services in a matter of minutes, and get from idea to implementation faster than before. This gives you the freedom to experiment and test new ideas to transform your business and differentiate customer experiences.
Cloud-Based services give you the flexibility you need and access to popular software applications without having to purchase expensive licensing agreements, additional hardware or upgrades.
Most cloud services are not one-to-one with a basic on-premise device. The cloud has enterprise storage and can compute clusters. For a small business especially, if you wanted to buy that level of redundancy or high-availability in an on-premise solution, it would be a lot more expensive and complex than the cloud.
The cloud allows you to only pay for IT as you consume it. Cloud IT creates value with flexible pricing, meaning we help you get the most from your IT spend.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
SaaS provides you with a complete product that is run and managed by Nuvodia. With a SaaS offering, you do not have to think about how the service is maintained or how the underlying infrastructure is managed. You only need to think about how you will use that particular software. With Nuvodia, you can access hosted applications and store data on our private, secure cloud-computing platform. Nuvodia gives you the resources you need, when you need them.
Things to Think About Cloud IT and Cloud Computing
- How secure is the data that lives in the cloud? What additional security measures might be put in place?
- An open infrastructure might eliminate complexities, but it might open cloud data to unwanted access.
- Automating cloud uploads and downloads can create organizational efficiencies.
- The more resilient the cloud technology, the greater the chance for cloud availability, quality and performance.
- Seamless connectivity between public and private clouds and traditional IT models can be a powerful resource.
- Nuvodia – Cloud Backup Technologies
- Nuvodia – Public and Private Cloud Solutions
- Amazon Web Services – Cloud Computing